On this page
Corporation-specific training is tailored to meet the individual requirements of the group or corporation requesting it. Workshops can be held all over Australia, usually at a corporation’s premises or within their community. The range of CST workshops include:
- Governance training—this is what most corporations request. In advance of the training we can negotiate to address specific issues in your corporation—and you can let us know which of the following modules are priorities for your corporation:
- the structure of corporate governance
- directors and the separation of responsibilities
- financial management
- dispute resolution
- Pre-incorporation doorway service (including transfers and amalgamations)—this workshop provides information on becoming registered under the CATSI Act, and introduces requirements and processes for operating as a registered Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander corporation.
- Rules design and re-design workshop—this workshop gives advice on rule requirements under the CATSI Act. It also provides examples of governance structures. We can facilitate discussion and decision-making around rules for your corporation, as well as help draft and develop the rule book.
- Corporation support and mentoring—this program was initiated to support corporations over a six-month period. It aims to support the corporation to achieve mutually agreed outcomes.
The workshops are tailored for each group or corporation. Depending on their circumstances, they run for one or two days. The program develops in collaboration with the corporation. If we are well-informed of your circumstances in advance of the training, we can ensure the program is optimised to meet your needs.
We require the corporation to arrange a venue and provide catering as required.
|Cost||Free—other than any venue and catering charges that may be incurred|
|Contact||Freecall: 1800 622 431
- Who are the most relevant people in your corporation who should attend the workshop? e.g. directors, CEO etc
- What kind of training do you want?
- Is your rule book working for you? If not do you know what you want to change about it?
- Are there particular governance challenges you would like help with?
- All directors, future directors, members and key staff of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations registered under the CATSI Act.
- Other interested people from groups thinking about registering under the CATSI Act.
Email: email@example.com or freecall: 1800 622 431