Keeping your corporation details up-to-date

As a registered Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporation you are required to provide particular information to the Registrar, and to lodge updates as changes occur. Some of this information is also published on the Public Register.

Addresses and other contact information

If you move your office (or the address where your documents can be accessed) or if there is a change to your corporation's phone number or other contact details, notify the Registrar within 28 days.



Whenever you appoint a new director, contact person or secretary, notify the Registrar within 28 days.


Information about each member is required every year as part of lodging a general report—but it’s a good idea to lodge an update whenever you make a change to your register of members.


Medium and large corporations are required to lodge an audited financial report every year. Whenever an auditor resigns or a new auditor is appointed, you must notify the Registrar within 14 days.

Other registrations

Australian Business Register

Many corporations have an Australian business number (ABN) allocated by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a unique identifier for taxation purposes. The ATO website has a page about how to update your business registration details.

Depending on which information you need to update you can update your business information online. Note that some kinds of information need to be updated through a paper form—eg: if your business name needs updating, request a 'Change of registration details' form (NAT 2943).

Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission

Most corporations registered under the CATSI Act are non-profit, and some of them have been through the process to register with Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission as a charity—or in ATO terms, become a 'deductible gift recipient' (DGR). Doing so provides an incentive for people to make a dontation to the corporation because their taxable income—and therefore the tax they owe at the end of the financial year—will reduce.

Find out more about registering as a charity.

How to update your information with ORIC

You can update your corporation's addresses, officers, members or auditor any time through

ORIC is also happy to register any updates to your ABN, DGR status registration. Either:

  • send an email to
  • call 1800 622 431—or
  • update the information in your online general report before you lodge it.

Thank you!