This policy statement provides guidance on:
- the special administration of corporations
- the relationship between special administration and other forms of external administration and winding up
- the appointment and termination of a special administrator
- how the Registrar places corporations under special administration and terminates special administrations, including the availability of initial reconsideration of the decision and AAT review
- the grounds for placing a corporation under special administration and other considerations that the Registrar takes into account
- the role and powers of a special administrator
- the usual steps in a special administration, such as the Registrar’s expectations for communications with corporation members and key stakeholders.