South Australian Native Title Services (SANTS) is the Native Title Service Provider for South Australia. We work with native title claimants and holders to provide native title services in our state. We are looking for a Legal officer to work with our existing legal team to provide legal services to South Australian Aboriginal communities.
- Business support
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
There are currently two positions available. One ongoing position and one non-ongoing contract for 12 months.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Travel allowance for business travel
- Friendly working environment
The positions are based in the Adelaide CBD but with some intra and interstate travel.
To be successful you will need:
- to be admitted as a Solicitor in South Australia with a South Australian practicing certificate
- at least one year of experience, preferably in the area of native title
- an understanding and experience of Australian Federal Court procedures
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Australian societies and cultures, and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of the principles of dispute resolution and mediation, and
- high level communication skills including the ability to provide clear, concise and comprehensive advice both verbally and in writing, within and external to the organisation.
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the positions (including a full position description) contact Katy Bone or Maria Almeida on 08 8110 2800
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
SA Native Title Services would like to encourage those identifying as Aboriginal to apply.