The role of the Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation (GLaWAC) is to further the aspirations of the Gunaikurnai Traditional Owners and Native Title Holders through the implementation of the Gunaikurnai native title settlement agreements and the provision of high quality policy advice; to provide strategic leadership by developing and leading key initiatives; and to continuously improve the capacity, integrity and independence of the Gunaikurnai.
The corporations works under the guidance of the board of directors and Elders council to represent all Gunaikurnai people in native title, cultural heritage, land, water and natural resource management and related employment aspirations and issues.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- supportive team environment
- salary packaging
- cultural and personal development opportunities
- Extensive experience in senior business management or related roles.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, reporting and accountancy standards.
- A track record of delivering operations/programs on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to make commercial and operational decisions that drive sustained commercial success.
- An inclusive leader who relates to employees and key stakeholders at all levels and places a priority on building and developing their team and peers.
- Experience in the management of an Aboriginal Corporation or other organisation providing services to Aboriginal communities.
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, including a demonstrated ability to communicate and engage sensitively and effectively with Traditional Owner led communities and organisations. Including a knowledge of the social and cultural issues they experience along with a genuine appreciation and respect for their culture.
- A knowledge of Gunaikurnai culture, values, aspirations and customs and experience working with the Gunaikurnai people, community and key organisations and stakeholder groups.
View the position description on our website gunaikurnai.org
Contact person and how to apply:
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more information contact Mardi Edwards, phone 03 5152 5100.
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.