Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (GLaWAC) is an important and successful community organisation representing the native title rights and interests of the traditional custodians of Gunaikurnai country in the Gippsland region of Victoria. The corporation has significant community and commercial interests with strong focus on culture, heritage, country and economic development.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
GLaWAC seeks to appoint a chief executive officer, reporting to the board, to strengthen the leadership, performance and operational development of the organisation and to build its growing commercial sustainability and financial independence.
Expressions of interest are invited from experienced executives motivated to drive the next phase of GlaWAC’s considerable success. Applicant skills and experience sought include:
- 5 years’ leadership experience in native title and/or community services with an Aboriginal corporation, NGO or related government agency
- success in senior relationship development with government agencies, service regulators, peak bodies, strategic partners and community bodies
- strong commercial, financial, budget and operations management skills combined with high ethical standards
- strategic approach to develop capability through driving organisational change and commercial development
- sound leadership, team building, community engagement and staff management skills
Tertiary qualifications in business, finance or community services disciplines (or equivalent experience).
GLaWAC strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.
Contact person and how to apply:
Applications in the form of a brief resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please, quoting ref #4542. Suitable candidates will be supplied with a candidate brief and invited to submit responses to selection criteria later in the recruitment process.
For more information, contact Keith Mackay on 07 3289 6071 for a confidential discussion