Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre provides a wide range of culturally-appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the mid-northern NSW region. These include clinical, maternal health, aged care, community health and dental health services from clinics and facilities around Taree and statutory out-of-home-care through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services in Taree and Walanbaa Gaayili in Inverell.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Biripi ACMC has a rewarding opportunity for a Regional manager to join our Out-of-Home Care (OOHC) team in our Walanbaa Gaayili Inverell office. Reporting to the Principal officer, the Regional manager will manage the Biripi Aboriginal Children Services (BACS) delivery of statutory out of home care, family preservation, and Casework Support Scheme programs in the New England region whilst meeting all legal requirements under the Children and Young Person (Care and Protection) Act 1998 and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Regulation 2012.
Key objectives include to:
- deliver high quality, culturally appropriate programs that meet the needs of children, carers and the community.
- provide leadership to the caseworker team to ensure that staff capability is developed to each team member's full potential to assist in achieving the organisation strategic objectives
- achieve and maintain all appropriate Office of Children's Guardian (OCG) accreditation requirements
- manage the implementation and evaluation of all OOHC, family preservation and Casework Support Scheme services
- manage all funding contracts and agreements to ensure that alll agreed requirements are delivered
- mentor, lead and manage the Walanbaa Gayili team to ensure all staff are engaged and empowered to achieve objectives
Contact person and how to apply:
This position is Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Identified and is situated in Inverell NSW.
For more information about the position and how to apply, check out the SEEK advertisement.