South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation is a non-government not-for-profit highly-regarded Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation providing health and health-related services relevant to the wellbeing and to the benefit of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout the Shoalhaven.
- Administrative roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The community engagement officer will provide support to children and families in the Jerrinja Aboriginal community. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing strong relationships, and maintaining positive and supportive engagement with community members in order to deliver this program. The delivery of the program components will lead to increased community wellbeing, strong cultural identity and greater access to timely, effective and culturally safe services and supports.
For more information please see the position description (PDF).
- Sound knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, relevant organisations and service providers in the Shoalhaven including the ability to work in collaboration with government and non-government agencies
- Experience working with children, adolescents, families and communities
- Experience working in or with an Aboriginal community
- Demonstrated experience in project work, including the ability to facilitate groups, organise events, and support community development strategies
- Computer proficiency and the ability to use basic computer programs, including the capacity to write reports, collect statistical data, develop presentations, social marketing and promotional materials
- Clear Working with Children Check, Working with Vulnerable People Registration and National Police Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
Personal qualities and attributes
- High level of organisational ability and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and handle sensitive and confidential client information
- Personal drive and a strong community focus
- Effective conflict resolutions skills, negotiation, mediation and decision making skills
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the position contact Tamara on 02 4448 0200 or email email@example.com