Atyenhenge-atherre Aboriginal Corporation is located in the Northern Territory community of Ltyentye Apurte (Santa Teresa) 90 kms south-east from Alice Springs and is largely made up of Arrente Aboriginal people, with a population of around 550.
The corporation works within the community to alleviate poverty, promote health and wellbeing, strengthen community safety and build community sustainability. Programs include school attendance and retention strategies, training and employment opportunities, early childhood development, cultural maintenance, addressing critical health issues and promoting healthy lifestyles, and developing social enterprises.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- Six weeks annual leave
- 2 weeks sacred leave during Christmas
The successful candidate will;
- provide high-level policy and strategic advice and support to the board to enable good operational and financial decisions
- provide direction and leadership towards achieving the philosophy, mission, strategy, goals and objectives of both the corporation and STE Ltd
- report to the directors regularly and on request
- manage, day-to-day operations and implement and report on funded programs
- maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, corporation members, funding bodies and the Santa Teresa community.
The CEO is accountable to the board of directors and will have supervision over management and staff.