Buurabalayji Thalanyji Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (BTAC) is the Prescribed Body Corporate (PBC) for the Thalanyji people through native title determination WCD2008/003. BTAC is seeking a highly motivated and professional CEO to rebuild standards of corporate governance, transparency and accountability to its members and key stakeholders.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Employment package to be negotiated. The position will be Perth-based with regular travel to Onslow.
Your tasks include:
- developing, co-ordinating and delivering projects outlined in the Thalanyji strategic plan
- managing the day-to-day operations of the corporation and its subsidiaries
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including members, government, regulators, NGO’s and industry
- ensuring that the board is kept fully informed, and that operations and business of the corporation are in line with board expectations
- providing strong and clear leadership and further building capability within the team.
- ensuring the effective and efficient exercise of the statutory responsibilities and administration of the corporation under the CATSI Act and any other relevant legislation.
To be successful in the role you will:
- be a proven leader with strong financial management, risk management and governance skills
- exemplify personal drive, integrity and professionalism and forge relationships to the benefit of the Thalanyji people
- think and act strategically, exercising sound judgement and leading and influencing change
- be a tireless advocate for the Thalanyji people and insist on transparency, accountability and integrity from yourself and those around you.
A tertiary qualification in business, finance or law or equivalent work experience is required, and experience in native title and/or membership-based organisations is desirable.
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the position and a copy of the selection criteria contact Peter Saunders on 0418 768 164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org