Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is one of Australia’s longest running Aboriginal community-controlled health services and is located some 250 km north-east of Alice Springs. The corporation provides health services to around 900 people who are mainly Anmatyerre and Alyawarra speaking people using a unique model of care.
Developed to service the needs of the Urapuntja (Utopia) community and surrounding homelands, the corporation prides itself on its deep connection to community and outstanding health service results.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The CEO is responsible for the efficient leadership and management of the corporation’s programs, employees and financial management and compliance with all relevant legislation.
The successful candidate will;
- provide high-level policy and strategic advice and support to the board to enable good operational and financial decisions
- report to the directors regularly and on request
- maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, corporation members, funding bodies and the Urapuntja community
- manage day-to-day operations and ensure the delivery of high-quality health care and related programs
- manage financial activities including, resources, assets and funding contracts and ensure compliance with legislative requirements
- lead and manage UHSAC employees and work closely with executive management team.
- be committed to the concepts of community control, self-determination and the benefits of employment and training of Indigenous staff.