Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre provides a wide range of culturally-appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the mid-northern NSW region. These include clinical, maternal health, aged care, community health and dental health services from clinics and facilities around Taree and statutory out-of-home-care through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services in Taree and Inverell.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Principal Officer will supervise BACS arrangements for delivering statutory out of home care.
The key objectives of the role include:
• delivering high quality, culturally appropriate out-of-home-care (OOHC) programs that meet the needs of children, carers and the community.
• achieving and maintaining all appropriate Office Children’s Guardian (OCG) accreditation requirements.
• identifying growth opportunities and managing the development, implementation and evaluation of all OOHC activities;
• managing all funding contracts and agreements to ensure that all agreed OOHC requirements are delivered;
• leading the BACS team to ensure all staff are meeting their full potential; and
• participating in the development and implementation of the organisation’s strategic plan.
Principal officers have legal requirements under the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Regulation 2012. Principal officers must meet qualification and eligibility standards set by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG).
If you have:
• five years’ experience in the out of home care and child protection sector with excellent understanding of OOHC standards, legislation and OCG requirements;
• commitment to working with Aboriginal communities, children and young people;
• experience working with peak bodies, funding agencies, service regulators, strategic partners and community;
• Tertiary qualifications in community services or related field;
we would love to hear from you.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.
You can upload a copy of the job description.