Kuruma Marthudunera Ltd (KML), was established in 2011 as the Trustee for the Robe River Kuruma (RRK) people. It is responsible for holding and managing the monetary compensation payable by contributors for the impact of operations on the native title rights and interests of the RRK People.
Robe River Kuruma Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (RRKAC), was established in 2013 as a corporation entity for the RRK People. As the appointed Prescribed Bodies Corporate (PBC) for RRK People, KMAC is responsible for monitoring and implementing the obligations and commitments of various participation agreements. RRKAC also provides services that protect and preserve RRK cultural heritage and utilises Charitable Trust funds to deliver programs for the betterment of the RRK people.
There are approximately 320 adult members in the RRK community. The total population including spouses and family members likely to benefit from RRK programs is in excess of 700 people.
In 2018, RRKAC was the recipient of the National Top5 Australian Governance Award by Reconciliation Australia.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The role of the Independent director is an important aspect to the composition of the board, ensuring the appropriate mix of expertise and experience is maintained.
• Minimum of 2 years board experience
• Strong financial or business management experience
• Completed or prepared to complete a Company Directors course
• Have experience working with a smaller resource-restricted but mission strong corporation
• Are culturally attuned to decision-making processes
• Have highly effective information intake and listening skills
• Have a high level of ethics that properly responds to a long term community presence
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the position contact Sara Slattery on 0467 480 598 or email email@example.com