Yilli Rreung Housing is a peak independent, non-government Aboriginal organisation that aims to deliver affordable accessible and sustainable quality housing to people in the Top End of the Northern Territory.
We are currently seeking a Human Resource (HR) officer to undertake the day to day general HR functions.
- Administrative roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The HR position duties include;
- finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants,
- preparing training and developing programs for all employees,
- reviewing and implementing employment policies and procedures,
- assisting in performance management processes, inlcuding taking disciplinary actions, and
- managing workplace safety initiatives.
You will work closely with the CEO, finance manager and works project manager to ensure the smooth functioning of the office and human resource management.
Download a copy of the position description.
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the position contact Jeffrey on 08 8935 0100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, including knowledge and awareness of Indigenous issues and ability to negotiate in accordance with cultural protocols.
- Ability to perform in a professional manner with integrity, accountability and respect of all clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrated Human resource qualifications and experience.
- Sound knowledge of the Fair Work Act, up to date understanding of industry awards, current pay rates and industry trends surrounding non-monetary benefits.
- Ability to multi-task, use time efficiently, prioritise work and meet deadlines;
- Show initiative, flexibility, integrity, discretion and strong attention to details.
- Strong collaboration communication, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution skills.
- Be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Maintain a current driver’s license.
- Sound knowledge of computer skills and Microsoft Office programs (outlook, word, excel), MYOB;
- A working knowledge and experience with computer hardware, printers, phones, network and peripheral devices.
- Successful applicants must have or be willing to obtain a Police Clearance and OCHRE Card.