Located in Kununurra and representing the interests of the traditional owners of the surrounding areas, the Miriuwung and Gajerrong (MG) peoples, the MG Corporation is one of the leading Aboriginal organisation in the East Kimberley. The MG Corporation and its associated entities receives and manages the benefits transferred under the Ord Final Agreement (the OFA) to the MG peoples and oversees their native title rights and interests.
It is committed to achieving an economically and culturally strong MG community through leveraging the OFA benefits and the protection of their native title rights and interests.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Intending applicants should be aware that the position is based in a small town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, however periodic travel to Perth will be necessary. This position is not considered to be fly in fly out.
A competitive remuneration package, including relocation assistance and a housing allowance, reflective of the senior nature of this role and its location will be negotiated.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chairman, and with an organisation wide remit, the key accountabilities of the position will include:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operational management human resources, administration and legal compliance;
- Provide commercial support and oversight of business activities
- Provide input in the development and operation of projects and programs
- Provide support to the Executive Chairman in the operation and administration of the Board’s requirements
- Extensive stakeholder engagement with regulators, commercial partners, government agencies and community stakeholders
- Ensuring that the members culture and heritage are recorded, protected and shared in the community.
We are looking for an experienced leader who will possess the core skills required to ensure success.
- Relevant academic credentials in business, commerce or a related field
- A good understanding of working with indigenous communities or in a cross-cultural context
- Strong experience in team leadership and mentoring
- Commercial negotiations experience
- Well-developed community and stakeholder engagement skills
- High level communication skills
- An outcomes focussed approach
- Previous experience living and working in a remote, regional location a benefit but not an essential requirement.
Contact person and how to apply:
Applications may be made in Word format to Lester Blades –Executive Search & Board Advisory at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Reference LB302334.
Initial telephone enquiries to James Fairbairn are welcome on 08 9221 0744.
Selection process will be based on application and interview.