DLG SHAPE was established in 2016 bringing together The David Liddiard Group (DLG) and SHAPE Australia, forming a majority Indigenous-owned business that specialises in commercial fitout and construction services. The DLG SHAPE partnership brings spaces to life across Australia and creates more commercial construction employment opportunities for Indigenous Australians.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- a bonus structure
- company-wide benefits
The general manager will lead:
- the strategic and operational management of DLG SHAPE, engaging with clients across government, corporate, not-for-profit and tertiary sectors
- SHAPE's national RAP
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for improving the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As part of your responsibilities you will:
- Carry out strategic business and financial planning.
- Develop and manage business development and sales activities.
- Drive the marketing plan and be the brand ambassador for DLG SHAPE externally.
- Work in conjunction with state leadership teams on resourcing and delivery of projects.
- Get excited by providing an exceptional customer experience and building long term relationships.
- Report to the SHAPE board of directors and David Liddiard Group.
- Lead and chair the SHAPE RAP working group and initiatives.
- Lead and develop relationships with suppliers and subcontractors to further increase indigenous participation on projects.
- Champion a constructive culture that attracts, retains, and motivates diverse and high performing individuals.
- Promote a culture of Safety First.
- Tertiary qualifications within property, management or business (preferred).
- 5 + years of experience managing a successful business or business unit.
- You have a strong network of relevant business contacts, particularly Government and Key Top National Clients.
- You value exceptional customer experience and building relationships.
- You have experience in solution and business case selling.
- Your communications skills are an asset and you are comfortable giving presentations at senior levels and managing cross border relationships.
- You are a constructive leader who enjoys coaching others and building high performing teams, by sharing knowledge and contributing to team goals.
- You have had exposure to different procurement and head contracting methods and a solid understanding of financial management principles.
- You’re planning and organisation skills mean that you thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You value Safety First and EHS&Q principles.
For more information please download the position description (PDF 180kb).
Contact person and how to apply:
Melis Kuroz, phone 02 9906 6977, firstname.lastname@example.org
The person will be selected based on their application and an interview.