Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health (Yulu-Burri-Ba) is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- ability to salary sacrifice
- opportunity to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families
- a positive and supportive work environment
- challenging and rewarding employment
Yulu-Burri-Ba is currently seeking a highly motivated Family Services Manager to lead a dedicated team. The position is responsible for developing, expanding, monitoring and continually improving the specialised Social health, Family and Maternal and Child Health services delivered by Yulu-Burri-Ba in Brisbane’s Eastern Bayside region, as part of an integrated model of community and family-centred health care.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and lead a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding and application of theoretical frameworks and relevant experience in the delivery of Family Services
- Demonstrated understanding of working with individuals, families and communities who have experienced trauma, including acute, ongoing and intergenerational
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and commitment to, the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health services
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an inter-professional team including knowledge and understanding of the roles and contributions of other professionals
- Ability to communicate sensitivity and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Effective verbal, written skills and multi-mode communication skills
For more information please download the position description.
Contact person and how to apply:
Human Resource Team
Telephone: 07 3409 9596