Coota Girls is an emerging Not-for-profit Indigenous Corporation. Founded in 2013 it was established by a group of former residents of the Cootamundra Domestic Training Home for Aboriginal Girls. The Coota Girls Corporation is seeking to re-establish the human rights framework advocated by the Bringing Them Home report and aims to meet the social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing support needs of former residents, their families and descendants who live across New South Wales.
We are seeking a high performing FACS service coordinator to help the Stolen Generation survivors and their families link with relevant supports available through the NSW Department of Family and Community Services, depending on their specific needs.
You can read more about Coota Girls here.
- Project officer roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- charity tax concessions (PBI)
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact within an emerging organisation ensuring a strong voice for Coota Girl’s survivors and descendants for years to come.
This newly created role will work to the Program Manager of Coota Girls and your duties will include:
- working with survivors, their families and descendants to identify key areas of need and coordinate referrals to service providers, and coordinate engagement with relevant community members to address key needs,
- supporting the facilitation of referrals, through developing a community network of organisations in the relevant local area, that are supported and informed to be able to work positively with survivors.
- working with local communities and relevant organisations as required to embed knowledge of the impacts of the Stolen Generations, including support with relevant policies and procedures.
- coordinating activities relevant to the promotion and awareness raising of Coota Girls and the impacts on Stolen Generation survivors and their families in the local community.
- coordinating the development of supporting material such as fact sheets and guidance documents to support awareness-raising.
Download a copy of the position description and requirements for the role.
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the position and how to apply contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitably qualified and experienced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.