South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation is a non-government not-for-profit highly-regarded Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation providing health and health-related services relevant to the wellbeing and to the benefit of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout the Shoalhaven.
- Business support
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The dentist is responsible for the provision of a broad range of clinical duties within the scope of funded dental care services. These services include but are not limited to meeting with patients, assessing their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures such as extractions, and work with other staff members such as dental assistants and dental hygienists to provide SCMSAC clients with quality dental services.
Download a copy of the position description
Personal qualities and attributes required:
- courteous, with high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion,
- high level attention to detail,
- effective decision making skills and
- adaptability and flexibility in the workplace.
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the position contact Emma Bennett on 02 4448 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental qualifications and current registration as a dental practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Sound knowledge of dental clinical practice, together with a demonstrated commitment to maintain and update such knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools and diagnostics.
- Understanding of WHS and Infection Control standards particularly related to dental services.
- Sound knowledge of community health principles and a commitment to preventative and population health approaches to patient care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive and professional interpersonal communications.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a digital dental environment, including but not limited to electronic oral health records, digital imaging and telehealth systems.
- Demonstrated ability to treat a variety of patients including but not limited to children and those with complex medical histories.
- Current drivers licence and and a clear National Police History check and Working with Children check.
- Experience in Aboriginal Oral Health.
- Experience with TITANIUM dental IT software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local Shoalhaven Aboriginal communities.
- Aboriginality is desireable but not essential for the position.