Rinyirru Lakefield Aboriginal Corporation manages the Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (Cape York Peninsula Aboriginal Land) with the Queensland Parks and Wildlife service (QPWS). Rinyirru (Lakefield) is Queensland’s second largest National Park and the largest park in Cape York at 537,000 ha. Rinyirru (Lakefield) is of considerable Aboriginal cultural significance, and the park has many places associated with occupation, ceremonies and ancestral spirits.
- Administrative roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The position is permanent part-time for 20 hours per week.
Your duties will include:
- directing telephone calls to appropriate directors or advisers to the corporation
- making administrative arrangements for meetings of directors, members and traditional owners
- issuing and receiving standard forms, such as membership applications, proxies and cultural heritage application forms, and relaying internal information
- purchasing office supplies and other basic items for the corporation’s offices
- liaising with directors regarding meetings with external parties
- maintaining basic records for the corporation
- filing, collating, photocopying, etc.
- collecting, handling and distributing mail and emails to the corporation
- recording, matching, checking and batching of accounts, invoices, orders and work requests
- operating a computer, printer and scanner
- liaising with stakeholders, including QPWS staff
- other duties as directed from time to time.
Download a copy of the position description.
Contact person and how to apply:
The filling of this vacancy is a special measure under section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For more information contact Les Harrigan on 07 4041 7730 or email@example.com
Please submit your written application setting out your suitability for the position and resume to PO Box 16 Westcourt 4870 or Rinyirru Land Trust by no later than 5.00pm on Friday, 5 April 2019.