Ngunya Jarjum Aboriginal Corporation provides culturally-appropriate long-term, short-term, voluntary, respite and out-of-home care for Aboriginal children in the Lismore area of New South Wales.
Ngunya Jarjum’s vision is that all Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and young people are looked after in safe Aboriginal and Torres Strait families and communities and are raised strong in spirit and identity, with every opportunity for lifelong wellbeing. We ensure all Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and young people in our care are provided with the best opportunity to grow up with a strong sense of belonging to their family, community and country.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be accountable for the day-to-day management of Ngunya Jarjum in line with the values and objectives of the organisation. This includes review of case work practice and professional supervision of casework managers. You will establish opportunities to enhance the range of services offered to the community by Ngunya Jarjum and provide clients with a flexible range of care options. In achieving quality service provision, you will also meet all requirements of agency policies and procedures, funding bodies and statutory regulations.
This is a highly rewarding role that requires resilience and courage, and the ability to deliver results. If you have those as well as the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant NSW Child Protection and Out of Home Care legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of NSW Out of Home Carer Standards
- A real flair for leading a team and achieving outcomes
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing multi-skilled operational teams in the children family and Out of Home Care sector
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in children, young people and disability services, Welfare and/or Health
- Relevant experience in the management of human services programs - in particular child protection, Out of Home care and disability services.
- A commitment to contribute to Community and Culture.
- Current driver’s license.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
A generous remuneration package will be negotiated plus superannuation, leave loading and salary sacrifice. We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Full non-profit status with 100% salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference to kids and young people in our community
- A beautiful country location on the flourishing NSW north coast.
Contact person and how to apply:
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos from Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554. All applications will be received via seek.com.au. This position is identified for Aboriginal people and exemption is claimed under 14d of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.