Ngunya Jarjum Aboriginal Corporation provides culturally-appropriate long-term, short-term, voluntary, respite and out-of-home care for Aboriginal children in the Lismore area of New South Wales.
Ngunya Jarjum’s vision is that all Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and young people are looked after in safe Aboriginal and Torres Strait families and communities and are raised strong in spirit and identity, with every opportunity for lifelong wellbeing. We ensure all Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and young people in our care are provided with the best opportunity to grow up with a strong sense of belonging to their family, community and country.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Reporting to CEO, your focus will be on providing organisational, professional and administrative direction to a team of staff, and providing practice support and compliance to the operational team. Staff include professional foster care support caseworkers and compliance officers together with specialist support. You will develop a positive and collaborative team environment to support staff to deliver effective child and family focused outcomes.
You will also design systems which better support Ngunya Jarjum’s service provision.
If you have a flair for developing sound community networks and achieving positive interagency relationships this will be a great match for you. The ability to meet OGC standards and manage quality assurance programs is also essential. If you have those as well as the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Knowledge of the Bundjalung Country and Clans
- Commitment to work with the local Aboriginal Communities and their children and young people.
- Extensive experience in working with or in an Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and optimise business outcomes
- Experience working in Child Protection either in state government or NGO sector
- The ability to deliver results whilst acting with courage and resilience
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
A generous remuneration package will be negotiated plus superannuation, leave loading and salary sacrifice.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Full non-profit status with 100% salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference to kids and young people in our community
- A beautiful country location on the flourishing NSW North coast.
Contact person and how to apply:
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos from Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554. All applications will be received via seek.com.au. This position is identified for Aboriginal people and exemption is claimed under 14d of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.