Kyburra Munda Yalga Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC holds native title in trust for the Juru people and protects their native title rights and interests between the Burdekin River and Bowen, including Cape Upstart and the Elliot River region. It consults with Juru people, negotiates and facilitates land use agreements, and upholds their traditions, laws, languages, culture and customs. It also aims to takes advantage of investment and commercial opportunities that arise in relation to Juru traditional owners.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
To be eligible for the role of independent director, applicants must have:
- no association with the Juru people or business affiliations with KMYAC
- a sound understanding of corporate governance and compliance frameworks
- experience of, and insight into, the issues and opportunities facing Indigenous people
- experience or knowledge of native title processes and/or Indigenous heritage matters
- demonstrated financial or business management experience.
Monthly board meetings are usually held in Townsville or Bowen. Additional meetings are held on a needs basis. No sitting fees are payable, however reasonable travel costs will be reimbursed.
Contact person and how to apply:
KMYAC hopes to fill this position as soon as possible.
Applicants are requested to send their resume to email@example.com