Ngadju Native Title Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC is the governing body responsible for the management of native title and the provision of services to the Ngadju people, the traditional land owners of the Ngadju native title determination area extends in the south east of Western Australia covering an area in excess of 120,000 square miles.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a legal counsel to provide expert legal advice and support to NNTAC and its group of entities. Reporting into the CEO, the successful candidate will provide advice to the CEO, the board and Ngadju people on corporate, commercial and native title issues, corporate governance and compliance obligations and implement policies to minimise risk.
Key to your success will be your ability to build strong relationships with mining companies, government agencies and other stakeholders, as you manage the conduct of native title claims and represent the corporation on issues related to the management and use of land.
The legal counsel will manage all commercial contracts, including the drafting, review and negotiation of joint venture and land use agreements. Briefing and managing external legal providers, and undertaking company secretarial and compliance work are also part of therole.
A competitive remuneration package will be available.
- an undergraduate degree in law and demonstrated minimum experience of 2-3 years in a similar position—admission to practice as legal practitioner is highly desirable
- demonstrated experience and knowledge in commercial, property, native title and mining law
- demonstrated experience in managing key stakeholder groups and reporting at board level
- demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to deal with competing priorities
- experience, knowledge of and commitment to Aboriginal self-determination and land justice issues.
Contact person and how to apply:
Jack James, phone 08 9328 6262; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must address the selection criteria and provide a resume outlining qualifications and experience.