Many Rivers is a leading not-for-profit provider of community housing services across north eastern NSW and southern Queensland, supporting more than 500 properties and property management needs for tenants. We work closely with Aboriginal communities to deliver affordable and sustainable housing services. We maintain the highest ethical standards to consistently produce top quality, best practice outcomes for tenants, their families, and our stakeholders. Our people are the key to the success of our exceptional, client-focused services.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Full non-profit status with 100% salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference and secure the long-term future of this NFP organisation
- A beautiful country location on the flourishing mid-North coast. The role will initially be located at Kempsey but the successful candidate will relocate to Port Macquarie or Coffs Harbour prior to 30 September 2018.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, your focus will be on supporting the Board to meet Many Rivers’ strategic intent and objectives through the Operational Plan. You will drive operational and financial management, ensure all teams comply with relevant legislation, and manage risk effectively. A primary performance indicator is the ongoing satisfaction and engagement of Many Rivers tenants and members. Strong interpersonal skills, a high level of emotional intelligence and effective stakeholder management are key competencies for success.
To thrive in this role, you will also be culturally sensitive with compassion, empathy and a genuine interest in meeting the needs of Aboriginal people. Resilience and the ability to meet deadlines are also essential, as is a high degree of professionalism, integrity and ethical behaviour.
If you also have:
- Substantial experience in a senior management role (approximately 5 years plus). Experience within the community housing and/or public housing sectors will be highly regarded.
- A commitment and understanding of the principles and practices of cultural competence.
- A real flair for team leadership including the ability to create a positive work culture whilst also delivering outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and drive stakeholder satisfaction and engagement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A sound working knowledge of computers including Microsoft applications and Community Housing Management programs.
A driver’s licence and the ability to undertake limited travel within NSW.
We would love to hear from you.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check (or vulnerable persons check).
Contact person and how to apply:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos from Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554. All applications will be received via seek.com.au.
The closing date for this role is midnight on Wednesday, 4 July 2018.