South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation is a non-government not-for-profit highly-regarded Aboriginal communit-controlled health organisation providing health and health-related services relevant to the wellbeing and to the benefit of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout the Shoalhaven.
- Business support
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The Permanency Support Program provides multidisciplinary case management and support for Aboriginal children and young people and their foster carers as part of an integrated service response.
The caseworker will contribute to program development ensuring children and young people have access to a holistic range of services to meet their individual needs.
- Current NSW driver's licence
- Highly developed organisational skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the issues relating to the placement of Aboriginal children and young people in PSP, including permanency-planning principles.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the NSW Children’s Guardian OOHC Standards.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills, negotiation, mediation and decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of the local and regional service networks.
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and professional development.
- Possess a flexible and adaptive approach to service delivery.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Community Services or related fields, and demonstrated experience in these sectors. (Or willingness to obtain minimum Certificate IV Community Services qualifications)
- Ability to case manage children, young people, birth families and foster families.
- Direct service experience in the provision of Permanency Support Program services or related fields.
Contact person and how to apply:
Emma Bennett, phone 02 4448 0200 (option 5); email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria).
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check.