- Project officer roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The Youth Program Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Youth Hub and the delivery of all youth programs that aim to upskill and enhance indigenous youths to gain further education and transition into the workforce.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day operations of the Youth Hub including facility access, usage and maintenance and the coordination of all activities, services and education/awareness programs the Youth Hub delivers.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the Youth Development program by coordinating the marketing, logistics and timeliness of programs to complement other activities on Mornington Island.
- Support young adults and young people to access both formal and informal training to develop skills and qualifications to transition into further education and work opportunities.
- Build community partnerships to ensure the development and implementation of existing and future youth based activities.
- Implement strategies for engaging young people at risk of substance and alcohol abuse and related selfharm and violence in the Youth Development Program.
- Coordinate with Youth Officers and external program delivery staff to ensure technical and production requirements are met and workers are supported during delivery of activities.
- Manage external program delivery staff ensuring they are technically and culturally appropriate for the delivery of programs and act in accordance with the corporations’ code of conduct
- Identify opportunities to promote outcomes of the Youth Hub and related Programs within the community.
- Any other duties as directed by management.
Selection criteria – essential:
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of youth based programs specifically in indigenous communities
- Previous experience training and mentoring indigenous youths to achieve work or education goals
- Proven experience in the development and maintenance of community partnerships
- Experience using office based computer programs including work processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Previous experience in facilities management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in a community based organisation.
Required licences / certifications:
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
Contact person and how to apply:
Tracey Mayr, (07) 4031 1390
Please email applications to email@example.com