- Project officer roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The key focus of the role is undertaking detailed genealogical research to trace Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander family histories and prepare relevant research reports for the purposes of facilitating reunification of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults – Stolen Generations who were removed from families and communities due to past removal policies.
Due to the complex nature of people’s removal and the associated record-keeping, many people’s family history requires specialist skills. This role involves working within Queensland’s Communities and Personal Histories unit to progress research and provide expert advice to progress the research phase of Link-Up QLD’s cases.
Formal tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in social research, anthropology, Indigenous studies or similar field.
- Demonstrated understanding of the history and impacts of the forcible removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and knowledge of the social and emotional wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- High level expertise in family history research and/or anthropological or social research.
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively as a member of a team.
- High level oral and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to engage effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Ability to establish, develop and maintain a network of diverse stakeholders to achieve research outcomes.
- Demonstrated competence in family tracing search sources, internet research and desktop applications; e.g. outlook, word, spreadsheet and database packages.
Contact person and how to apply:
For information about the position, phone Ruth Loli or Lauren Scheiwe (07) 3638 0411.
Full position documentation can be obtained from Cheryl Page on (07) 3638 0411 or 1800 200 855.
Applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.