The Kalumburu Aboriginal Corporation (KAC) is the main representative body for the people of Kalumburu. KAC has been operating since the early 1980s and has a turbulent past affected by change in government funding and priorities and the challenging social setting in which it operates. KAC is entering a new phase in which it is clarifying its purpose and vision and looking to the future to be a strong leader and advocate for its members and community.
- Project officer roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- 38 hours per week
- Fully Furnished accommodation, vehicle and remote and annual travel allowance
- 9.5 per cent superannuation
- 4 weeks leave per annum, plus travel allowance
- additional 3 weeks remote leave per annum
Preferred starting date is 31 March 2017.
KAC is looking for two project officers.
The project officer's role is to ensure the day-to-day activities are planned, actioned and supervised to achieve funding and corporation objectives. This involves:
- directly supervising KAC's programs and services
- seeking ways to improve quality in delivery of services and programs
- ensuring services and programs are aligned with KAC's business plan
- engaging with other local services, organisations and people delivering services in the community to ensure a collaborative and holistic service offering for the people of Kalumburu
- undertaking administrative tasks as required by the administration and busienss manager
- managing KAC's assets, including managing scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance; facilitating tenant relationships; and managing accommodation facilities
- supervising local projects, capital works and facilities to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and meets project objectives.
For full detail see the position description and selection criteria attached below.
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information about the job please contact Michelle Coats:
Telephone: 0428 571 687
To apply send a statement addressing the selection criteria and your resume to email@example.com.
Written applications will be reviewed; initial interviews will be by phone; final interview will be at Kalumburu.