- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Time off in lieu available for any additional hours worked.
The Pilbara's preeminent producer of indigenous art, Roebourne Art Group, has a rare opportunity for a Manager of Indigenous Art.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the position is responsible for liaising with the artists, ensuring they're provided with materials and aware of upcoming prospects for their work across exhibitions, competitions, public art projects, commissions and many other opportunities.
The work also involves interpreting the art for prospective buyers, and meeting with stakeholders as a voice for the artists. Therefore a deep knowledge of Aboriginal culture, and particularly that of the Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi people, is a prerequisite.
Because this is a Federal government funded position under the IVAIS program, only indigenous persons may apply.
The position is for a minimum of 20 hours per week; on occasions longer hours are required for which time off in lieu is offered.
A knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and basic Excel) is needed; a drivers licence is desirable. A mature attitude is required as there are times when this position deputises for the CEO in his absence.
We're seeking a confident person with an interest in art who is keen to contribute to the continued growth of a busy art group with an exciting future ahead.
- An understanding of and appreciation for indigenous art. Although applicants need not be practising artists, applications from artists are very welcome.
- Because the art group is based in Roebourne, the applicant must be have knowledge of Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi culture, though a broader understanding of Aboriginal culture and an ability to confidently talk to tourists, VIPs and other visitors on the subject would be useful.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and basic Excel) and general computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team.
- Ability to supervise the work of part time arts workers and volunteers.
- Able to deputise for the CEO in his absence.
- Some office experience
- Basic knowledge of Ngarluma and/or Yindjibarndi language (to assist in communication with the artists)
- Drivers licence.
Contact person and how to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Charlotte Duns, Administration Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or
PO Box 23
Roebourne WA 6718
Applications close 24 November 2017 and a start date in early 2018 will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
All CVs will be considered, from which a shortlist will be selected for interview. All applicants will be contacted and informed of the outcome of their application.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
If you have questions about the job:
Name: Charlotte Duns