Pilbara Meta Maya Regional Aboriginal Corporation (PMMRAC) is a privately owned Western Australian Aboriginal organisation based in Port Hedland in the Pilbara Region. Since inception, PMMRAC has grown into an acknowledged professional and quality organisation, which delivers value added services.
The services we deliver are based around property management, support and tenant education, environmental health, municipal services and the provision and maintenance of essential services i.e. power, water and wastewater to 29 Aboriginal communities.
- Project officer roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Reporting to the Community Services Manager, the Housing Officer will provide ongoing housing management and support services to a number of properties across various Aboriginal communities. Your day-to-day duties will involve managing and monitoring the tenancies and properties within designated communities to ensure tenants are supported, payment of rent is sustained and properties are cared for and maintained in accordance with the PMMRAC contract with the Department of Housing.
Core objectives include:
- setting rents, administering their collection and developing policies to deal with and minimise arrears;
- interviewing tenants and giving advice on tenant-landlord relationships,
- inspecting properties;
- processing applications for housing improvements and repairs and communicating outcomes to tenants;
- preparing cases and attending court hearings;
- dealing with breaches of tenancy and leasehold agreements, which could culminate in carrying out evictions;
- dealing with abandoned tenancies, squatters and unauthorised occupiers;
- dealing with housing applications and the transfer of existing tenants;
- liaising with tenants, Community Council, property professionals and other support and welfare organisations, including social workers and STEP;
- liaising with caretakers, cleaners and maintenance staff;
- encouraging and supporting tenants' and residents' groups and attending meetings as required;
- planning and implementing slum clearance and the demolition of unused properties;
- maintaining records and writing reports
- identifying housing needs;
- building relationships with the community;
- interpreting and implementing housing legislation;
- recommending and developing local authority policies;
- monitoring and updating contractors' lists;
- investigating and responding to client complaints
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
For more information and selection criteria download the position description.
Contact person and how to apply: