Yolngu Nations Assembly Aboriginal Corporation (YNA AC) is a governance, advocacy, unity and solidarity charitable-organisation based in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory.
YNA AC has been developed by Yolngu elders as an organisation that is respectful of the Maḏayin system of law—the traditional law system of Yolngu people of North East Arnhem land. YNA AC aims to respect and empower existing democratic tribal governance jurisdictions, facilitate the interests and rights of Yolngu people, provide an accessible diplomatic agency for outside groups, and enable good governance outcomes that empower and progress Yolngu society.
After a period of establishment and development of the organisation, YNA AC is now at a stage to recruit a General Secretary, the corporation’s first full-time employment position.
The General Secretary will be based in Nhulunbuy, NT, where YNA AC’s office base is developing.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Six weeks annual pro-rata leave
- Manage the affairs of YNA AC under the supervision and direction of the corporation’s board
- Manage, monitor and report to the Board on YNA AC’s compliance with all statutory, funding, grant and contractual requirements
- Maintain administrative and budgetary requirements of YNA AC
- Oversee the development and implementation of plans, policies and proposals in support of the corporation’s objectives and which reflect the policy decisions and strategic directions set by the board
- Provide high level process and option related advice to the board
- Facilitate corporate actions in advocacy, policy development, resourcing and service related projects with the board and membership of YNA AC
- Pro-actively source and secure funding and/or financial partnerships, to support and expand the corporation’s existing operations and towards sustainability for future operations
- Liaise with stakeholders, and advocate and network on behalf of the corporation, to develop partnerships, collaborations and opportunities to advance the objects of YNA AC
- Help maintain organisational governance to a high standard
- Ensure regular network communications, through YNA website, social media, newsletters or other means, as well as through meetings at the community level
- Other tasks as may be directed by the YNA AC board
Contact person and how to apply:
For more information call Tracey White on 0447 126 860 or email email@example.com.
To apply for the position you need to provide:
- brief resume outlining your general education and employment history and experience
- written application addressing the selection criteria (maximum four pages), supported by contact details of three referees
Please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 8 December 2017.