- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- Access to company motor vehicle
- Subsidised accommodation and utilities
- 4 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Additional week of leave upon completion of 6 months’ work
Reporting to the MGAC Board and managing a small team, the general manager will be based on Mornington Island and responsible for:
- Delivery of MGAC youth and community education and arts programs;
- Overseeing the successful operations of the Arts Centre and studios, promoting existing and emerging artists and driving art sales locally and internationally;
- Overseeing the day to day operations of Youth Hub and Activity Centre;
- Building and managing strong relationships with the local community to preserve and promote indigenous art and culture in the region;
- Developing new and innovative programs for engaging the community members within existing MGAC infrastructure; and
- Delivery of the MGAC business plan through a period of change.
- Experience in leading and managing Indigenous cultural centre and/or youth development and education programs
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of Indigenous or non-Indigenous arts and craft or community arts projects
- Outstanding people leadership skills developed through a strong demonstrated background in leading, mentoring and training Indigenous staff;
- Well-developed small business management capabilities including sales and marketing, financial administration and efficient office procedures
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with members, employees, stakeholders and clients
Contact person and how to apply:
Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries or a copy of the position description please contact Tracey Mayr on (07) 4031 1390.