Located in Kununurra and representing the interests of the traditional owners of the surrounding areas, the Miriuwung and Gajerrong (MG) peoples, Yawoorroong Miriuwung Gajerrong Yirrgeb Noong Dawang Aboriginal Corporation (the MG Corporation) is one of the leading Aboriginal organisation in the East Kimberley. The MG Corporation and its associated entities receives and manages the benefits transferred under the Ord Final Agreement (the OFA) to the MG peoples and oversees their native title rights and interests. It is committed to achieving an economically and culturally strong MG community through leveraging the OFA benefits and the protection of their native title rights and interests.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
A competitive remuneration package, including relocation and motor vehicle, reflective of the senior nature of this role and its Kununurra location will be negotiated.
Key accountabilities of the chief executive officer will include:
- Providing advice to the MG group’s Boards of Directors, the members’ Dawang Council and the Garralyel (elders) on strategic positioning, economic opportunities; and community development programs.
- Providing direction, leadership and management in order to maximise the realisation of the MG people’s vision, values and strategic goals.
- Leading a small but focussed team, characterised by its constructive, collaborative and innovative culture.
- Securing and managing the MG people’s native title rights and interests and the MG group’s human, physical and financial resources.
- Ensuring that the MG peoples’ culture and heritage are recorded, protected and shared in the community.
The MG Corporation is looking for a CEO who has prior experience at executive leadership and will possess the core skills required to ensure success. These in particular will be in the areas of commercial negotiations, business development, leadership and community and stakeholder engagement.
Your integrity, high level communication skills and outcomes focussed approach will ensure your success.
You will bring a very good understanding of working with indigenous communities or in a cross-cultural context.
Intending applicants should be aware that the position is based in Kununurra, however periodic travel to Perth as well as remote communities in the East Kimberley will be necessary. This position is not considered to be fly in fly out.
Contact person and how to apply:
A copy of the position description may be obtained by calling Lester Blades on (08) 9221 0744.
Applications may be made in Word format to Lester Blades – Executive Search, Selection & Retention at email@example.com quoting Reference LB301987.
Initial enquiries to James Fairbairn are welcome on (08) 9221 0744 or firstname.lastname@example.org