In September 2015, the Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura peoples celebrated their Native Title Determination. The Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura Aboriginal Corporation (PKKPAC) RNTBC was established to protect the rights and interests of their peoples who have traditional rights to lands and waters that cover approximately 10,888 square kilometres of Western Australia’s Pilbara region, between Onslow and Tom Price.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Employment package to be discussed at interview
The establishment and governance framework for the corporation is now in place and the board is pleased to invite applications for the position of its inaugural chief executive officer (CEO).
Key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Implement the Community Strategic Plan and Operational Plan developed as part of the establishment framework;
- Develop a strategic plan and annual plan in consultation with the board and wider PKKP community;
- Develop and lead a small but focused team, creating a constructive, collaborative and innovative environment;
- Ensure compliance with the range of Native Title, Statutory, Legal, financial and contractual obligations;
- Ensure that the PKKP peoples’ culture and heritage are recorded, protected and shared in the community, and become embedded in the best practice systems of the Corporation;
- Provide advice to the Board of Directors on strategic positioning, governance best practice and economic development opportunities.
People considering this position should offer extensive senior level experience in a leadership role, one that has included multiple and diverse responsibilities. Intending applicants must offer outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to effectively engage with the PKKP people and other key stakeholders. Strategic, operational, financial, people management and sound decision making skills are all essential.
The person appointed must bring a very good understanding of working with indigenous communities. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Intending applicants should be aware that the position is based in Karratha, however periodic travel to Perth as well as remote communities in the Pilbara will be necessary. This position is not considered to be fly in fly out.
A competitive remuneration package, including housing and motor vehicle, reflective of the senior nature of this role and its Karratha location will be negotiated.
Contact person and how to apply:
A copy of the position description may be obtained by calling Lester Blades on (08) 9221 0744.
Initial telephone enquiries to James Fairbairn are welcome on (08) 9221 0744.
Applications may be made in Word format to Lester Blades – Executive Search, Selection & Retention at email@example.com quoting Reference LB301967.