Nyamba Buru Yawuru (NBY) means ‘This is the place of Yawuru’. NBY is the operational company of the Yawuru Native Title Holders Aboriginal Corporation. NBY manages the day-to-day business of Yawuru and is engaged in a diverse range of projects which help to provide social, cultural, environmental and financial sustainability for the future of Yawuru people. NBY is a Public Benevolent Institution and Registered Charity with the ACNC.
For further information visit http://www.yawuru.com/
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The constitution of NBY allows for the nomination and appointment of five Yawuru directors and two independent directors to its board. NBY is seeking expressions of interest from experienced and qualified people interested in being appointed as an independent director. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and skilled individual to support and assist NBY to achieve and deliver on its strategic objectives.
Typically, independent directors will be required to attend approximately eight board meetings in a year and may be required to attend sub-committee meetings as well.
- demonstrate commitment to the vision, goals and values of the Yawuru native title holders and NBY
- have qualifications, experience and expertise in financial management and investments, law or business management
- be able to demonstrate strong business acumen and experience in assessment of commercial investment opportunities
- have experience in corporate leadership, strategic planning, policy development and high-level decision making
- be familiar with or genuinely willing to learn about contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and issues affecting them
- be able to develop the technical proficiency of fellow directors within the applicant’s area of expertise
- promote respect for Yawuru cultural values and knowledge.
Please note: To be eligible applicants must not have been employed, consulted or provided any goods and services to NBY or the Yawuru PBC in the last three years, and must not have any other interest or relationship which could be reasonably perceived as materially interfering with their ability to act in the best interests of NBY and independently of NBY management.
Contact person and how to apply:
Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to:
Nomination and Remuneration Committee (NBY Board)
Nyamba Buru Yawuru
PO Box 425
Broome, WA 6725
Please include the following in your application:
- Resume/ CV
- An expression of interest (maximum three pages) addressing the position overview
Insert independent director description
Applicants short-listed for interview for this position may need to provide/ participate in a:
- National police clearance
- Other CV/ background checks
Should you require further information about the position or process, please call (08) 9192 9600.