Are you up for an adventure in the Australian outback? Do you have a passion for retail? Why not combine both! Be part of a team who are making a difference to the lives of indigenous people in remote communities.
Mai Wiru is the first Indigenous policy of its kind dealing in Food Security, working at a regional level through consultation, monitoring and new initiatives, including offering healthy alternatives, Mai Wiru has been instrumental in broaching the ongoing issue of Food Security on the APY Lands.
Through growth and demand we currently have permanent opportunities for Store Managers across remote South Australia. Combine your passion for working in retail stores and living and enjoying the wonderful outback areas of Australia!
The stores on the APY Lands provide a broad range of essential products and services to all community members. By working as part of a broader team, and through good management, the Store Managers work towards reducing prices of healthy food and essential items whilst maintaining a high standard of service and shopping experience in a viable community owned, and directed, business.
- Store manager positions
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The types of skills that are needed include:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- The ability to live and travel remotely
- Experience in retail store management, or nutrition preferably in retail or food industries
- Sound Computer skills and experience in ‘Grocery Manager’ would be highly regarded
- Ability to cope in a physically demanding environment
- Experience in people management
- A Drivers licence is essential
- A first aid certificate and forklift licence is desirable / if not, a keenness to gain these
- The ability to adapt to new surroundings quickly
- A clear police check will be required
Contact person and how to apply:
Contact person: email@example.com
Submit an application online: http://jobview.careerone.com.au/Retail-Store-Managers---Store-Manager-137088529.aspx or http://www.seek.com.au/job/26939281