Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation (NCAC) has recently amended its constitution to enable the appointment of two independent directors to its board and the board of the Ngaanyatjarra Health Service (NHS). The NCAC and its associated corporations are seeking expressions of interest from experienced and qualified people interested in being appointed as an independent director.
This is a unique opportunity for dynamic and skilled individuals to support NCAC in delivering a quality and sustainable environment for our Yarnangu.
NCAC represents the interests of around 2000 Ngaanyatjarra, Pintubi and Pitjantjatjara traditional owners (Yarnangu) who reside in the twelve member communities of the Ngaanyatjarra Council. For more information visit http://www.ngaanyatjarra.org.au/.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The ideal candidate will:
- be prepared to commit to the vision, goals and values of the NCAC
- have background and expertise in one or more of financial management, law, public administration or business management
- have experience in leadership, strategic planning, policy development and high-level decision making
- be familiar with or genuinely willing to learn about contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context
- be able to develop the technical proficiency of fellow directors within the applicants area of expertise
- promote the respect of the spiritual forces and safeguard the cultural knowledge associated with the lands
- display a genuine desire to work with Yarnangu people in the 'Malparara way' of two way learning.
Contact person and how to apply:
How to apply
- a copy of your current CV
- an expression of interest (maximum three pages) demonstrating how you meet the selection criteria
Contact for more information
Phone: 08 8950 1721
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE