In March 2013, the Victorian Government and the Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (DDWCAC) (on behalf of the Dja Dja Wurrung traditional owner group) entered into a ‘Recognition and Settlement Agreement’ under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010, which formally recognised the Dja Dja Wurrung people as the traditional owners for a large area in Central Victoria. DDWCAC is the ‘traditional owner group entity’ for the Dja Dja Wurrung people under the settlement. As such, DDWCAC is required to hold and manage the settlement on behalf of all Dja Dja Wurrung people.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Purpose of the position
The General Manager—Economic Development (GMED) reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (DDWCAC).
The primary objectives of the GMED are to:
- oversee the business and operations of DDWE, including the development and operation of the fixed trust businesses, in accordance with the strategic plan and at the direction of the CEO
- identify and exploit opportunities for economic development for both DDWE and DDWCAC
- assist the CEO to implement the Governance Charter where appropriate
- oversee the implementation the Investment Strategy of DDWCAC, including the development of feasibility studies where needed.
Contact person and how to apply:
To apply for the position please provide the following:
- a cover letter that addresses the essential selection criteria as outlined in the ‘Position description’. In particular, please provide details of previous experience in a similar position and relevant qualifications or previous training
- copy of current resume with details of two professional referees.
Please send your application to Barbara Huggins at firstname.lastname@example.org post it to:
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 1026
Bendigo Vic 3552
Please note that applications close at 5 pm on Friday, 18 August 2014. If you have questions or require further information please call Barbara Huggins on (03) 5444 2888.