Good decision-making is the beating heart of good governance. This page draws together resources for decision-making in registered Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations and includes some resources specially produced to support native title corporations.
In addition to the resources listed below, in 2021 ORIC is running a pilot project to support a small group of corporation boards to use an online tool for for administering their directors' meetings and recording their deliberations and decisions. The project provides plenty of hands-on training and support for directors and we believe it will strengthen governance.
On this website...
- Making decisions—ORIC Oracle (newsletter), August 2017
- Resolutions and voting—explains the difference between ordinary and special resolutions
- Meetings for directors—fact sheet
- Online meetings—web page about tools and techniques
- Planning and holding directors' meetings—ORIC Oracle, November 2017
- Dispute resolution—web page with templates