Umoona Tjutagku health Service is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
UTHS is seeking a clinic manager to be part of the management team. Reporting to the Director of Programs and Clinical Services, the successful candidate will contribute to this high-quality Indigenous health service. UTHS is in an exciting period of growth with development across all services including the clinic, Healthy for Life, drug and alcohol services as well as the commencement of the accreditation processes. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinic as well as overseeing the provision of high quality health care.
To be successful in this role you will have need to demonstrate the following:
- be a registered nurse with the Nursing Board of SA (or ability to obtain same)
- will be able to demonstrate a variety of post-graduate nursing experiences
- will have the ability to display an extensive knowledge, understanding and commitment to the principles and practices of risk and quality management within a clinical setting
- have awareness and understanding of the current and likely future operating environment within the Indigenous health sector.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate. This is a contract appointment with the position located in Coober Pedy. The successful applicant would contribute to and be instrumental in maintaining a high degree of awareness regarding culturally appropriate conditions and practices in all dealings with Aboriginal clients.
Benefits of working at Umoona Health:
- Experience working in an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health care service.
- Opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Salary sacrifice benefits are available.
- Opportunity for further professional development.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Contact person and how to apply:
For enquiries and job and person specification:
Mr. Dilshan Perera
Executive Assistant/ Acting Business Services Manager
Phone: (08) 8672 5255
Applications with 3 referees to:
Mrs. Priscilla Larkins
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 166
Coober Pedy SA 5723