Karlka Nyiyaparli Aboriginal Corporation (Karlka) represents the Nyiyaparli traditional owners in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Karlka is the appointed agent to manage mining agreements and advance the interests of the Nyiyaparli people through the financial and other benefits generated through these agreements.
Type of vacancy:
Karlka has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated person to support the development of exciting new business opportunities currently being developed by the organisation on behalf of Nyiyaparli traditional owners.
Based in Port Hedland, the business development officer will work closely with the business and workforce development manager on a range of processes within business development, commercial operations, employment and training.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered with the option of salary sacrifice.
The successful candidate will possess:
- excellent organisational skills and experience in business administration, project management and report writing
- skills and experience in promoting, recognising and acting on new business development opportunities
- confidence and the ability to build and maintain relationships with commercial partners, government stakeholders and local community organisations
- enthusiasm and initiative to support Nyiyaparli businesses and contractors as they tackle the opportunities and challenges of operating in the Pilbara
- a strong commitment to working collaboratively to achieve positive social and economic change for the Nyiyaparli community.
Contact person and how to apply:
For further information about the position please contact Jack James or Tim Slate, Palisade Business Consulting on (08) 9328 6262.