- protect the natural and cultural heritage of Kalumburu
- develop enterprise and opportunity for residents, and
- improve interaction and communication between visitors and residents.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- fully furnished accommodation
- private use of vehicle
- relocation assistance
- 6 weeks' annual leave plus travel allowance
- quarterly remote leave (3 weeks per annum) plus travel allowance
- 10 sick days
- 9.5% superannuation
The program manager is envisioned to be responsible for all programs and services under the jurisdiction of the organisation. These currently include:
- HACC (Aged Care)
- Community Resource Centre
- Centrelink Agency and Youth Services.
It also includes several capital renovation projects and ongoing management of land leases (including Carson River Station Pastoral Lease), residential and commercial properties within Kalumburu.
In addition, as the key manager role on the ground, the program manager will provide oversight of KAC meetings & liaison with KAC directors and chairperson.
- Extensive skills and experience in developing and delivering community/social and services in an Indigenous setting.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, demonstrated through previous management roles.
- Tertiary qualifications in human services, community development or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing staff and leading a team.
- Experience working in a remote indigenous community.
- Demonstrated understanding of asset management and commercial tenancies.
- Experience working in land management or operating within pastoral leases.
- Demonstrated experience in managing capital projects.
- National Police Clearance
- WA Working With Children Check
Contact person and how to apply:
Telephone: 0458 650 002
To apply, please submit:
- a statement outlining your claims against the selection criteria (maximum one page)
- your resume (maximum 3 pages)
Candidates will be interviewed by KAC directors in the community.