Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
A competitive remuneration package including housing, motor vehicle, relocation contribution will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
We are seeking a passionate and outcomes driven CEO who in addition to their duties as CEO, will 'teach' and share their knowledge with others. KMAC believe that this investment of time and energy will develop future managers and leaders from the Indigenous community as well as others in the employee of KMAC, leaving a legacy of competent people and results.
Duties include the following:
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and management of KMAC in order to maximise the realisation of the Kuruma and Marthudunera people's vision, values and strategic goals.
- Lead a small but focused team of professional managers and staff, characterised by its constructive, collaborative and innovative culture.
- Secure and manage the K&M people's native title rights and interests and the Corporation's human, physical and financial resources, and ensuring that the K&M peoples' culture and heritage are recorded, protected and shared in the community.
- Provide advice to the KMAC and KML boards of directors on strategic positioning, economic development opportunities and managing the K&M peoples' prescribed body corporate when it officially comes into being.
- Engage with K&M community and all other stakeholders.
- Negotiate and represent KMAC with all stakeholders whilst maintaining strong long-term positive relationships.
The ideal candidate has:
- previous Indigenous working experience as a leader, stakeholder or community member
- understanding of and respect for K&M people’s lore and culture, and an interest in learning more
- tertiary qualifications appropriate to the role
- advanced financial literacy as well as the ability to translate and add meaning for those without the same level of financial literacy.
- a history of making sound decisions and strong skills in strategic, operational and financial management to identify, plan and execute strategic activities.
- a history of creating strategy and implementation via an engaging and compelling leadership style.
Contact person and how to apply:
Meelup Management is partnering with the KMAC board to conduct the selection process and can ensure privacy and confidentiality in relation to all enquiries from local, interstate and overseas candidates.
Please send your résumé and cover letter outlining your specific qualifications, relevant experience and why you believe you are ideally suited to this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can call +61 (0) 418 914 862 for a confidential discussion of your suitability for this role.