Lirrwi Tourism was established in 2010 to develop, support and promote Yolngu tourism with an objective to create a new economy for Yolngu people in East Arnhem Land through tourism. The position of General Manager is responsible for securing and delivering Tours for Corporates, educational groups and consumers.
Type of vacancy:
Car and accommodation can be packaged into remuneration for suitable candidates.
Extended leave available during wet season.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the business including itinerary development, tour quoting, tour preparation and delivery, recruiting, participation in tours as required, and ongoing customer relationships.
- Continue to develop and implement new operational plan and budget for current and coming financial years.
- Manage a wide range of local and external stakeholder relationships.
- Train and develop Indigenous employees.
- Ensure risk management and standard operating procedures are in place.
- Manage and maintain Lirrwi vehicles, equipment and premises.
- Manage a small team of tour guides and cooks along with a part-time office administrator.
- Work closely with directors, homelands and external advisors.
Skills and experience
- experience in working with Aboriginal people – essential
- prior experience in Aboriginal tourism – highly desirable
- sound office administration and financial management experience
- prior experience working in the Northern Territory – preferable
- experience in liaising with government and other external stakeholders – desirable