The South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council (SWALSC) has recently coordinated the successful approval by all six agreement groups, of the South West Native Title Settlement.
In 2014, the constitution of SWALSC was amended to provide for stronger governance measures. Among the changes was the introduction of two expert director positions. These directors will work alongside the six member elected directors (the member directors).
Type of vacancy:
The expert directors are expected to contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of sound governance principles and must be capable of working as a team member with fellow directors.
Experience and demonstrated capability in at least two of the following areas is also sought:
- Change management
- Shared service delivery
- Development and establishment of corporate support services, eg. IT, HR and finance.
Contact person and how to apply:
Applicants should provide the Selections Committee with evidence of their experience and knowledge relevant to the role by sending:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the expert director position;
- A statement which directly addresses the Selection Criteria set out above;
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- A current (less than 12 months old) National Police Certificate*; and
- The details of up to three referees who could speak in support of your Expression of Interest.
Expressions of Interest not accompanied by a current National Police Certificate will not be accepted.
*Acceptable National Police Certificates are those issued directly by the relevant Police Department, available upon application to Australia Post or the Police Department. Certificates issued by third party agencies will not be accepted.
Please address your application to the Chairperson, Selections Committee, at the email address: email@example.com.
Any preliminary enquiries should be directed to the Governance Coordinator on 9358 7400. Please note that there is often a long lead time with the selection process.