Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre provides a wide range of culturally-appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the mid-northern NSW region. These include clinical, maternal health, aged care, community health and dental health services from clinics and facilities around Taree and statutory out-of-home-care through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services in Taree and Inverell.The organisation is currently undergoing major change and looking to enhance and expand its services to the community.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- Make a real difference in this Aboriginal community organisation
- Beautiful regional location just 15 minutes from the beach
- Grow public health and social and emotional wellbeing programs
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Program Manager is responsible for the management of all public health and social and emotional wellbeing programs to ensure that operations are managed effectively and achieve agreed program performance indicators.
The key objectives of the role include:
• Identify program opportunities and manage the development, implementation and evaluation of all programs to ensure the achievement of objectives and requirements.
• Manage the funding contracts and agreements, to ensure that all agreed program requirements are delivered.
• Provide leadership to ensure that staff capability is developed to each team member’s full potential to assist in achieving the organisation strategic objectives: and
• Participate in the development and implementation of the organisation’s strategic plan.
If you have:
• Tertiary qualification in Community Services, Health Administration or Business Management or related discipline
• Extensive experience in managing health programs in an Aboriginal community environment
• Sound experience in applying for and managing government funding
• Deep understanding of Medicare funding
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and other statutory requirements
• Demonstrated experience in managing budgetary requirements
• High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to hold all relevant security clearances including the National Police Check and Working with Children clearance in accordance with Biripi policy and procedures
We would love to hear from you.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.
You can upload a copy of the job description.