Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre provides a wide range of culturally-appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the mid-northern NSW region. These include clinical, maternal health, aged care, community health and dental health services from clinics and facilities around Taree and statutory out-of-home-care through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services in Taree and Inverell.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- Make a real difference in this Aboriginal community organisation
- Beautiful regional location just 15 minutes from the beach
- Organisational renewal is currently underway
- Lead a great team to deliver results for the community at a time of major organisational renewal and change.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Health Services Manager is responsible for the management of clinic, dental and maternal services to ensure prevention, early detection, diagnosis and health care intervention are managed to achieve improvement in the health outcomes of clients and the community.
The key objectives of the role include:
• Manage the operations and delivery of all health services in a culturally appropriate manner to ensure they achieve improved health outcomes for clients and the community.
• Oversee all funding applications for the clinic, dental and maternal areas, and ensure funding streams and Medicare income is maximised.
• Lead and manage teams to ensure all staff are engaged and empowered to achieve clinical and health objectives;
• Ensure that all clinic, dental and maternal operations are managed within budgetary and funding requirements: and
• Achieve and maintain AGPAL accreditation.
If you have:
• Tertiary qualification in Health Science, Health Administration or related discipline
• Extensive experience in managing medical/dental practices
• Sound experience in applying for and managing government funding
• Deep understanding of Medicare funding
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and other statutory requirements
• Demonstrated experience in managing budgetary requirements
• High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to hold all relevant security clearances including the National Police Check and Working with Children clearance
We would love to hear from you.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.
You can upload a copy of the job description.