Dambimangari Aboriginal Corporation (DAC) is the corporate body for the Dambimangari peoples, providing a range of programs for the benefit of the traditional owners which provide employment, business and social/economic assistance.
DAC’s mission is good governance, strong financial management and focused cultural activities will strengthen the independence of DAC people. Values are to create a strong, healthy and economically sustainable community for Dambimangari people.
We are seeking a passionate and outcomes driven CEO to join DAC. Working alongside the DAC Board, the CEO will manage the operations of the corporation; staff, commercial enterprises, contractual obligations and relationships, business development opportunities and the provision of a quality customer service to our members
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- Relocation and removal allowances may apply if located outside the Kimberley region.
- Motor vehicle - for private use in and around the Shire Derby / West Kimberley and Broome
- 4-weeks annual leave + 1-week remote leave + District Allowance + Travel Allowance + leave loading + 9.5% superannuation
The CEO's responsibilities include;
- reviewing and identifying opportunities to improve the corporation’s operations;
- ensuring the DAC Trust funds continue to increase to achieve long-term sustainability;
- driving the corporation’s strategic objectives in accordance with the strategic plans;
- working with the corporation’s business advisor to evaluate business development and Joint Ventures opportunities;
- managing grant funding;
- strengthening external stakeholder partnerships and relationships;
- financial oversight and accountability; and overarching accountability to funding bodies, the community, stakeholders and the board of directors;
- leading a small but focussed team of professional managers and staff, characterised by its constructive, collaborative and innovative culture.
Download a copy of the job description