Mowanjum Arts is community-owned art centre representing the WandjinaUnguud people of the Worrorra, Ngarinyin and Wunambal language groups. The three tribes are united by their belief in the Wandjina as a sacred spiritual force and the creators of the land. They are the custodians of Wandjina law and iconography. Situated at the start of the iconic Gibb River Road, Mowanjum Arts receives an estimated 20,000 visitors each year. Renowned for its Wandjina paintings, prints and carved boab nuts, Mowanjum Arts also travels to major Aboriginal art fairs nationally.
- Business support
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- 9.5% superannuation
- Rental subsidy of $100 per week
- Vehicle for work purposes and limited personal use
- $1000 relocation costs reimbursed after three months
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
We are currently seeking an Art development coordinator to join our team on a full-time, fixed-term basis. This is a new position based in Derby, Western Australia and your role as the Art development coordinator is to work directly with Indigenous artists to coordinate arts development and the exhibition program.
To be successful you;
- will have experience in the planning, management and delivery of arts projects
- actively consider creative possibilities and stay informed of contemporary art trends
- are a committed and motivated person with a passion for Indigenous art, and
- enjoy working with different kinds of people and are motivated to achieve goals to a high standard.